Resolve to LIVE UNITED
Each year, about this time, many of us begin making our New Year’s Resolutions. Some of us might resolve to work out more, be healthy, quit a bad habit, drink less caffeine, be more financially responsible and so on. All of these things we resolve to do so that we can be better in the coming year. But what about others? What can we do in 2012 to make our community a better place for all?
In 2012, we at the Town of Palm Beach United Way challenge you to make a difference, not just in your own life, but in the lives of those struggling in your community. Set a goal that is not only realistic, but will improve your life as well as those around you.
Here are a few ways you can LIVE UNITED in 2012.
- Spend a buck – Every gift counts! Your contribution with that of others makes a BIG difference! Make a donation and ask a friend or two to do the same. You’ll be amazed how far a little will go.
- Volunteer… at least once – So many of our partner agencies are in constant need of volunteers. You can read to a class, become a tutor, serve a meal at a local soup kitchen, build a house… the possibilities are endless. Let us know if you want to volunteer in 2012.
- Advocate – Passionate about a particular issue? Write a letter to your elected officials letting them know that you want them to take action. It’s easy, fast and effective.
- Buy a little extra – While grocery shopping, grab a few more items to be donated to a local food pantry or given to a food drive in your neighborhood.
- Get social – Social media is a powerful tool! It can do a lot to raise awareness about the issues in our community. Share information about the causes, organizations and issues that matter to you. Connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
- Meet your neighbors – You may have a neighbor who needs your help, or you might even need theirs someday. Begin building a support network with a simple hello while taking out the trash.
- Take the lead – We know you understand the importance of community involvement, but do your friends? Rally a group of family, friends or coworkers to volunteer or make a donation.
- Do more – Perhaps you already donate, volunteer, advocate, help your neighbors and rally your friends to do the same. GREAT! Thank you! Why not resolve to do a little more in 2012? Just a little more can go a long way.
What resolutions have you made? How will you LIVE UNITED in 2012?