What are you doing for others?
“Life’s most persistent and urgent question is: ‘What are you doing for others?'” — Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Each year, Americans answer Dr. King’s question by joining together on MLK Day of Service to give back to their neighbors and communities. Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. believed in a nation of freedom and justice for all. He encouraged Americans to live up to their potential, and to fulfill their purpose as citizens of this nation through community service.
Monday will mark the 26th anniversary of the MLK Federal Holiday. It is the perfect time for Americans to answer Dr. King’s challenge to do something for others. He set big goals and focused relentlessly on results – and so do we. But we need unwavering, dedicated individuals (like you) to take action to address the social challenges facing us today. Are you up for it? We sure are!
So, how will YOU answer Dr. King’s question – What are you doing for others?
Here are a few ways you can serve your community here in Palm Beach County.
- Donate food, clothing and/or furniture to struggling individuals and families.
- Serve a meal at a local soup kitchen.
- Organize a food, clothing or book drive – or collect all 3!
- Become a mentor or tutor.
- Volunteer at a food pantry.
- Gather a group of friends or co-workers and help build a house.
- Read to a class.
- Glean fields of fruits and vegetables to be distributed to locals in need.
The opportunities to serve are endless. If you would like other suggestions, or need information about any of these opportunities, please call us at 561.655.1919 or email us!