Top 10 Reasons to Vote on November 6th
Not sure if your vote will make a difference ? These 10 reasons should give you the push you need to make sure you vote on November 6th (or before with early voting).
1. America is a Democracy. Well maybe it’s really a representative democracy, but without your vote you won’t be represented. How else will your elected officials know how you feel unless you go out and vote?
2. Every Vote Counts. Especially here in Florida, especially after the 2000 election – we know how much each vote counts. So don’t have any regrets on November 7th.
3. You get a cool “I Voted!” sticker. It doesn’t get much cooler than that.
4. No one likes a hypocrite. You can’t talk about the outcome of the election if you didn’t take the time to vote.
5. It’s one of America’s oldest traditions. And people have struggled (and are still fighting for) for civil rights, women’s suffrage and the ideals of justice for all.
6. Be a good example. Set the tone for future generations and show how important it is to make your voice heard.
7. Everyone can vote. Well almost everyone – you need to be a citizen, at least 18 years old, and in Florida you can’t be a convicted felon. No matter what your income, ethnic heritage or social status you have the same one vote as everyone else.
8. 4 Years is a long time. And in this 4 years there will be many decisions made regarding jobs, healthcare, students loans, justices, tax policy, etc. – make sure your opinions count.
9. Voting is confidential. While how we vote is confidential – whether or not you voted is part of public record. This means that elected officials know who voted and who didn’t, so when they’re making important policy decisions they may not want to listen to your opinions if you didn’t take the time to vote.
10. Voting is a privilege. Many people are still fighting for this right – so take advantage of what you have and make sure you vote on Tuesday, November 6th.
Here are some resources to guide you through the voting process.
General Florida Voting Information: http://election.dos.state.fl.us/voting/voting-info.shtml
How to change your address, name, party affiliation: http://election.dos.state.fl.us/voting/voting-info.shtml#changes
Early Voting in Palm Beach County: http://www.pbcelections.org/content.aspx?id=25
Absentee Voting Information: http://election.dos.state.fl.us/voting/absentee.shtml