MLK National Day of Service
“Everybody can be great, because everybody can serve.” – Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
How will you be great today and throughout the year?
Each year American’s come together on this national day of service to work on various projects to give back to their neighbors and communities. But let’s remember that volunteering and serving our community shouldn’t just be a once a year thing. There are many ways you can help in your community year round.
- Donate food, clothing and/or furniture to struggling individuals and families.
- Serve a meal at a local soup kitchen.
- Organize a food, clothing or book drive – or collect all 3!
- Become a mentor or tutor.
- Volunteer at a food pantry.
- Gather a group of friends or co-workers and help build a house.
- Read to a class.
- Glean fields of fruits and vegetables to be distributed to locals in need.
The opportunities to serve are endless. If you would like other suggestions, or need information about any of these opportunities, please call us at 561.655.1919 or email us!