Happy Valentine’s Day!
Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to be just about flowers, chocolates and greeting cards – how about doing something to help children and families in our community. This Valentine’s Day your words could make all the difference All you have to do is send a special Valentine to your members of Congress and ask them to support funding for children and family programs.
United Way has partnered with First Focus to encourage community members to send a strong message to Washington about the importance of maintaining vital social services for children and families. Unless Congress acts before March 1, an across-the-board spending cut (known as sequestration) to many programs supporting children and their families will go into effect.
You can also share the love using social media by posting messages on Facebook and twitter using #kidswin.
Here are some same messages:
- This #ValentinesDay, help us protect funding for children’s program http://ow.ly/hCoEI #LIVEUNITED #kidswin #NoMoreCuts
- Join @PBUnitedWay #ValentinesDay campaign & tell Congress to help #kidswin #LIVEUNITED http://ow.ly/hCoEI #NoMoreCuts
- Tell Congress not to break the hearts of children #kidswin #LIVEUNITED #NoMoreCuts http://ow.ly/hCoEI
You can even send tweets directly to your representative:
- [Representative’s twitter handle]: Don’t let investments to kids be cut by $4.2 billion. Stop #sequestration! #kidswin #NoMoreCuts
- #Sequestration means a 5.1% cut to #education funding in 2013. [Representative’s twitter handle] make sure there are #NoMoreCuts so our #kidswin