Resolve to LIVE UNITED!
Every year, before the champagne has been popped or after the Times Square Ball has dropped and we ring in the New Year, many of us make our New Year’s Resolutions.
Some of us might resolve to work out, skip that extra cookie, drink less caffeine, be kinder to our savings account, and so on. Resolutions are, after all, about making the coming year better than the last.
But what about others? What can we do to make it a better year for our community? This year, the Town of Palm Beach United Way challenges you to resolve to make a difference in the lives of those struggling in your community. Set a goal that will make this year a better year not only for yourself, but for others as well.
Here are a few ways you can LIVE UNITED:
- Spend a buck – Every gift counts! Your contribution with that of others makes a BIG difference. Make a donation and ask a friend or two to do the same. You’ll be amazed how far a little will go.
- Volunteer… at least once – So many of our partner agencies are in constant need of volunteers. You can read to a class, become a tutor, serve a meal at a local soup kitchen, build a house… the possibilities are endless. Let us know if you want to volunteer.
- Advocate – Passionate about a particular issue? Write a letter to your elected officials letting them know that you want them to take action. Write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper. It’s easy, fast, and effective.
- Buy a little extra – While grocery shopping, grab a few more items to be donated to a local food pantry.
- Get social – Social media is a powerful tool. It can do a lot to raise awareness about the issues in our community. Share information about the causes, organizations, and issues that matter to you. Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Take the lead – We know you understand the importance of community involvement, but do your friends? Rally a group of family, friends, or coworkers to volunteer or make a donation.
- Do more – Perhaps you already donate, volunteer, advocate, help your neighbors and rally your friends to do the same. GREAT! Thank you! Why not resolve to do a little more in the new year? Just a little more can go a long way.
How will you LIVE UNITED?
Since 1945, the Town of Palm Beach United Way has invested more than $60 million into Palm Beach County because of generous donors like you. Although some of the needs since 1945 have changed, the Town of Palm Beach United Way is still helping people who struggle with hunger, homelessness, job loss, abuse, mental illness, and more. To find out more about the Town of Palm Beach United Way visit www.palmbeachunitedway.org. On behalf of the community that we serve, THANK YOU for the difference you make.