WEEK 47 OF ACTION – HOUSEHOLDS WITH LESS THAN $62,000 INCOME ARE ELIGIBLE FOR FREE TAX PREPARATION
It’s tax season, and time to start thinking about filing your taxes. If you are like me, I equate preparing my taxes to a trip to the dentist or being stuck in traffic.
But it could be less painful if you are one of nearly 70% of all U.S. tax filers who qualify to use MyFreeTaxes. Last year, more than 200,000 tax returns were filed on MyFreeTaxes.com, which represented a 2,400% increase since it launched.
MyFreeTaxes.com provides free federal and state tax preparation and filing assistance – both online and in person. This national initiative, a partnership between Goodwill Industries, National Disability Institute, and United Way – and sponsored by the Walmart Foundation have helped 4.5 million families claim nearly $8 billion in tax credits and nearly $1.5 billion in earned income tax credits since 2009.
If your household earns less than $62,000 a year, you can:
- Electronically file taxes through software partner, H&R Block
- To find a free help center near you, please call 800-906-9887 or search by location by clicking here.
It’s Monday – Let’s DO THIS!
Please share with us how you made your week count. No, it doesn’t need to take place on Monday, Monday just gets us excited about what the week has to offer, what we (ourselves) have to offer.
- Follow us on:
- Look for the weekly theme on all of our social media throughout the day on Mondays
- Photograph, video, post, tweet about your experience
- Remember to tag @PBUnitedWay and use the weekly hashtags
We have an AWESOME community, let’s embrace it, make an impact – SO HELLO MONDAY, LET’S DO THIS!