WEEK 51 of Action – #NOMORE Day
Yesterday was the third anniversary of “NO MORE Day.” March 13, 2013 was the launch of the first universal symbol to end domestic violence and sexual assault. Today, advocates and supporters everywhere will join together to unite their voices to say #NOMORE – NO MORE SILENCE, NO MORE VIOLENCE.
On average, 24 people per minute are victims of rape, physical violence or stalking by an intimate partner in the United States. That’s more than 12 million women and men over the course of a year. An estimated 3.3 million children in the United States are exposed to violence by family members against their mothers or female caretakers.
There are many ways for you to help say NO MORE.
- Talking about these issues openly will help end the shame and stigma that domestic violence and sexual assault survivors are burdened with.
- Teaching children as young as elementary school about healthy relationships, how to identify abuse, risk factors for violence and what to do in an abusive situation helps to prepare them for relationships.
- Donate your time or funds to help support local domestic violence shelters and violence prevention programs.
The Town of Palm Beach United Way is dedicated to preventing domestic violence in Palm Beach County and providing support to victims through shelters, legal services and agencies that advocate for victims. If you or someone you know is a victim, please contact any of our partner agencies below.
It’s Monday – Let’s Say “NO MORE”
Please share with us how you made your week count. No, it doesn’t need to take place on Monday, Monday just gets us excited about what the week has to offer, what we (ourselves) have to offer.
- Follow us on:
- Look for the weekly theme on all of our social media throughout the day on Mondays
- Photograph, video, post, tweet about your experience
- Remember to tag @PBUnitedWay and use the weekly hashtags
We have an AWESOME community, let’s embrace it, make an impact – SO HELLO MONDAY, LET’S DO THIS!